Monday, July 4, 2011

Use Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream For A Home Chemical Peel

If you have heard the term "chemical peel" then you are probably looking at an application that contains a solution of alpha hydroxy acid. Cosmetologists are allowed to use concentrations of up to 30%, but the consumer cannot purchase over the counter alpha hydroxyl face creams that contain over 10%. The chemical peel works much like microdermabrasion, which eliminates fine lines and smoothing the skin so it feels soft and supple. Doctors may use concentrations of up to 70% to remove scars and deeper wrinkles. With any amount of solution there is risk of skin rashes and reaction, so if you are trying it yourself at home for the first time, be sure to follow the instructions carefully.

Alpha hydroxy acids come in a variety of skin care products, from exfoliants, moisturizers, cleansers, eye cream, and foundations. Once you have tested for sensitivity it is probably best not to combine other cosmetics and creams that contain alpha hydroxy acids, unless, like me you have skin like elephant hide! Save your money on skin cleansers, by the way, that contain alpha hydroxy acids because it needs to stay on the skin for quite a long time before it can dissolve the top layer of skin and be effective.

I have tried any number of skin treatments to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, as any woman knows; it takes a long time to find the right cosmetics to best suit her skin. I use an alpha hydroxy face cream three to four times as week and leave it on for about half an hour, it does sting a little so you are unlikely to forget about it. I simply wash it off and apply my favorite moisturizer - which doesn't contain any alpha hydroxy acid. Once or twice a week I will use a facial scrub before using the alpha hydroxy face cream.

All I can say is it works very well on my skin and many wrinkles and fine lines have disappeared. I had a deep crease down the side of my face that has all but disappeared too. Whether that was the moisturizer I use that did it, I don't know, but the alpha hydroxy cream leaves my face smooth and soft. I was a smoker for far too many years also, and the lines above my upper lip are lessening too, possibly from quitting smoking and with a little help from the alpha hydroxyl face cream I'm sure.

A 1.05 oz. tube of the brand I use doesn't cost a lot, I have had this tube for quite a few months and there's still plenty in it - you don't need a lot - this brand suggests a "pearl sized drop". Using too much of anything does not make it more effective, it simply wastes money.

For an alpha hydroxy face cream to be effective it must penetrate the skin and be left on the skin for a length of time, the stronger the solution the quicker it should be removed. Typically, a chemical peel done under the supervision of a doctor or cosmetologist will not last more than a few minutes before skin damage may occur, including soreness and redness, and blistering that can last for days afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment